
And, we're off! Our family is just about to get a little bigger. Darci isn't due until the middle of June, so we still have a while before Weston Ladd gets here, but we can't wait to see him. I had a good friend call me yesterday and say that he thinks our kids will either look like aliens or they'll be very, very cute. Darci is hoping for the latter, I'm a little interested now to see what type of alien kids Darci and I could come up with!
Darci's stomach is finally getting to the point that people recognize that she's pregnant. Unfortunately, that means that she has "nothing to wear." I guess she just puts on clothes (that don't fit) so that people at work don't get mad at her:) Now that our new crib is up we just have to wait four months to do anything with it. Having it set up only makes time go by more slowly. Ladd just started kicking, which apperantly doesn't feel very good. So, I'm counting up the times he kicks my beautiful wife and I'll make sure he gets an equal number of spankings the second he gets here. The good news is that our doctor never says anything about Darci or Ladd's health other than, "textbook, everything looks textbook". We choose to take that as if everything is normal rather than that Ladd has some crazy disease our Dr. once read about in a textbook. Our Dr. really is a great guy and we take comfort in the fact that he is good friends with some of the Racker's neighbor's up in Farmington.
Yesterday I participated in the semi-annual dodge ball tournament on Thunderbird's campus. I joined the team that had won the tournament in the fall and they were eager to defend the title. Our first three games lasted a total of about 3o seconds, but there was no satisfaction in any of the wins. One team had two guys and three girls - of course we all know I have no problem beating girls at anything!!!! Our team cruised through the semi-finals and finals with no real competition. I'm already planning on flying back to Phoenix from where ever we are next fall to help defend the title, as an alumni.
School is great, I really enjoy my classes and the great experience. It's too bad Darci doesn't feel the same way about driving two hours to and from work every day. She's been the best wife in the world and she can't wait to be the best wife in the world that stays home and plays with Ladd all day.
Well, hopefully this is the first of many posts. If you're reading this it's probably because we love you, always remember that!
PS - it's been in the high 70's all week and we're loving it!
Darci's stomach is finally getting to the point that people recognize that she's pregnant. Unfortunately, that means that she has "nothing to wear." I guess she just puts on clothes (that don't fit) so that people at work don't get mad at her:) Now that our new crib is up we just have to wait four months to do anything with it. Having it set up only makes time go by more slowly. Ladd just started kicking, which apperantly doesn't feel very good. So, I'm counting up the times he kicks my beautiful wife and I'll make sure he gets an equal number of spankings the second he gets here. The good news is that our doctor never says anything about Darci or Ladd's health other than, "textbook, everything looks textbook". We choose to take that as if everything is normal rather than that Ladd has some crazy disease our Dr. once read about in a textbook. Our Dr. really is a great guy and we take comfort in the fact that he is good friends with some of the Racker's neighbor's up in Farmington.
Yesterday I participated in the semi-annual dodge ball tournament on Thunderbird's campus. I joined the team that had won the tournament in the fall and they were eager to defend the title. Our first three games lasted a total of about 3o seconds, but there was no satisfaction in any of the wins. One team had two guys and three girls - of course we all know I have no problem beating girls at anything!!!! Our team cruised through the semi-finals and finals with no real competition. I'm already planning on flying back to Phoenix from where ever we are next fall to help defend the title, as an alumni.
School is great, I really enjoy my classes and the great experience. It's too bad Darci doesn't feel the same way about driving two hours to and from work every day. She's been the best wife in the world and she can't wait to be the best wife in the world that stays home and plays with Ladd all day.
Well, hopefully this is the first of many posts. If you're reading this it's probably because we love you, always remember that!
PS - it's been in the high 70's all week and we're loving it!
2 comments:
Wow, I get to be the first to enter a response to this new timothy blog. I just want to say I love the pictures, the comments and especially Ladd's parents.
Hey you two! Darci I'm so sorry I was unable to attend your shower. I was working and tried to get there and just couldn't make it happen. IM SO EXITED FOR YOU 2! JJ and I are expecting as well in December. I hope all is well and hope to talk to you soon.
Kellie
Post a Comment