Brooke/Daisy/Caleksta Timothy has finally made it here!! Unfortunately, this Timothy baby belongs to a different set of parents. On February 26th Shauna and Adam Timothy made Doug and I very jealous parents-to-be. Isn't she beautiful?!?! I can't tell you how anxious and impatient Brooke's debut has made me. Regardless of my excitement, hopefully Ladd won't be making his big appearance for another 3 months.
We had another great week. Saturday we had the opportunity to attend the temple marriage of Doug's cousin Ben. We've been looking forward to this for weeks. The ceremony and marital advice were great. And it was even better to be in the Temple with all the Timothy's. We sure do miss all of you up in Utah!! We also made sure after the temple to make our ritual stop at Bahama Bucks in Mesa to experience the best shaved ice on earth. We've both been craving it since the last time we went to the temple.
Friday we went to an Elder's Quorum Family dutch oven cookout/auction and I had to laugh at the little indicators that led me to believe that the wives of the Elder's were not involved in the least. The most obvious was the economy size salt and pepper dispensers, that you had to pour into your hand and then try to sprinkle over your food. I also thought the salad was classic; a huge bag of lettuce from Costco ripped open. Why would you use a bowl when you can just rip the bag open and grab the lettuce out with your bare hands? No use dirtying a bowl. Although the visual presentation was less than desired, the evening was a success. We ended up winning four free rounds of golf in the auction. I can't wait to use those ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment