Sunday, June 22, 2008

Girls Camp

This past week I had the chance to go to Girls Camp with the girls from our stake (large church group). And when I say camp I use the term loosely - we stayed in cabins with showers, bathrooms and they made all our food. The girls were awesome and I think I forgot I was a leader a little too often. It didn't help that everyone, girls and leaders alike, thought I was one of the young women, but it felt great to be a teenager again. It brought back great memories from all the times I went to camp growing up.
We had so much fun canoeing, hiking, swimming, and bogging. This was my first experience going to a bog and it was awesome. For those of you wondering what a bog is this is the definition I found: wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation; has poorer drainage than a swamp. I wish I had a picture of us waist high in muck. You can see the boots we had to wear and they told us to dress in clothes we would never want to wear again. No one mentioned that once we waded through the bog to a huge bog cest pool we would engage in a bog fight. Just imagine mud wrestling at it's best!! It was a blast and it only took three showers and a swim in the lake to finally feel clean.
These are the fun women I work with in Young Women's. Hope I get to go next year again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous Darci! I love camp...oh, and what camera did you have those pictures of Ladd are priceless

Niki McDowell said...

I didn't know you were in young womens too. So are me and Lindsay. And oh my gosh Darci, two pictures of you in a t-shirt! I remember in college when you said you've never owned or worn a t-shirt? I'm jealous you got to go, ours was last week and i couldn't go, I was to prego.