Saturday, October 27, 2007
Parent of 2
These last couple of weeks have been busy. Last week I watched my niece Addison while her parents were on vacation and I just wanted to give a big pat on the back to all those parents out there with more than one child. It is hard work! Half-way through the week I decided we needed to get out of the house and play. Bad idea! It took me nearly 15 minutes to get down the three flights of stairs from our apartment. Just imagine me carrying Ladd in his car seat, 2 diaper bags, and my 15-month-old niece down the stairs. I would run down half a flight of stairs with Addison put her down and go back up to pick up Ladd all the while yelling at Addie to stay put. I repeated this more than 6 times. I must have looked ridiculous. I then spent 15 minutes loading them into the car. We went to the mall to play for a short time before both kids were screaming just to repeat the whole process of loading and making it up the stairs. Needless to say the week was full of similar experiences from putting the babies to bed and eating, but I guess it was good practice for some distant day when I have two kids. It was an exhausting week and I didn't even take any pictures of the kids together because I didn't want Addie's mom to see how bad her hair looked all week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
this story cracked me up :-)
I'm so glad you survived!! I'm so sorry I should have called and helped you....you are supermom and aunt!
Amen to this post! This is the story of my life as of late. Didn't know having two kids would be such an adjustment.
Sounds like you managed well! So does this mean you aren't thinking about having #2 yet!?! :)
Thanks so much, I am going to go jump off a bridge now... ;)
Post a Comment