into parenthood. It started at 3 am this morning. I was half-sleeping (another joy of being uncomfortably pregnant)and heard Ladd cough a couple of times. He then started crying and jumping in his bed. Doug offered to get him (Awesome husband- I love you!!). A couple of minutes later I hear lots of commotion in Ladd's room and go to check on him. Ladd's bedding and clothing had all been removed and he was laying sweetly on the changing table. Doug explained that when he went to get Ladd to pick him up, Ladd routinely handed him his blankie and as Doug tossed it on his shoulder he felt something wet brush his cheek. Then Ladd handed him his other blankie and Doug tossed it on his other shoulder and once again was slimed by something on his cheek. I'm guessing by the time he picked Ladd up he could smell the awful vomit that was covering his face.
The rest of the night was kind of a blur, but I do remember scrubbing the carpet several times, 3 loads of laundry, huge blowout diapers, 5 baths, 5 pajama changes and Ladd throwing up on my face. Poor little guy!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How awful Darc...I'm so sorry. I was just feeling sorry for myself (I have 5 kids today for the first time...AHH) but I feel much better reading your story. Good luck!
Isn't it funny how you don't mind ONE BIT when they throw up on you? Only your child though! We've been dealing with the same thing...the joys of winter. hope he feels better soon.
Oh poor Ladd! I hope he gets feeling better soon. It's aweful when they get that sick. Especially when you are pregnant and Doug is at work. Good thing you're coming up on a weekend!
Poor Ladd, and poor you guys! I am SO sorry! Let us know if there is anything we can do!
We had a similar experence with our oldest 4 weeks before I had our second little boy. I remember thinking, it was a good refresher coarse on what it would be like to be up all night with a newborn. I hope he's felling better.
I hate when that happens! It's so sad. I think Parker is getting sick ugh! I'm so sad I didn't get to see you when you were here. I hope everything is going good.
poor little guy! thats the worse....hopefully he's feeling better!
Post a Comment