Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bedrooms, beds, and babies

Just as a warning this may be a lengthy post. We've been very busy here in the Timothy household trying to prepare for another little one. I've definitely been in full nesting mode, but the list of things to get done seems endless. This past week we were able to paint the nursery and Ladd's new room. These pictures didn't turn out the best of the nursery, but they will have to do.
We did blue stripes in the nursery.




And Ladd's new room has an vintage airplane theme. We painted one wall blue and the others tan. I'll post more pictures once I'm closer to being finished with all the finishing touches, but for now I'm satisfied with paint. Doug also enjoyed painting the map on Ladd's wall. I'm so glad I married someone creative because I don't have a creative bone in me.


We also took the plunge yesterday and made Ladd's crib into a toddler bed. We have put a lot of thought into how to help him transition into a normal bed before the baby comes and we usually end up just laughing and giving up before even starting. Ladd did really well last night. He went right to sleep and didn't get out of his bed until 3:30 am when I heard him talking in loft. I rocked him for a couple of minutes and he went right back to bed until 7:45 this morning. I couldn't believe it. This afternoon nap didn't go as smoothly. He's sound asleep in his pack'n'play as I type. I gave up after he tore all his clothes out of his dresser and wouldn't stop yapping or playing with his bedroom door for two hours.

Ladd said his first sentence two weeks ago and no it wasn't "I love you" (which we've been working on) instead he said"Where's your phone?". Almost as daily ritual I have Doug call my cell phone that I have lost in our home sometime during the day. Sometimes I can blame it on Ladd because he loves to walk around jabbering on the phone and making hysterical facial expressions. This sentence was soon followed by "Where's the spoon?". His vocabulary is starting to really take flight as you can see in this video:





He's also taken a sudden interest in babies. Of course he doesn't own any dolls, but he sure has fun with his frog. Warning- this movie is only for grandparents or anyone else wanting to submit themselves to over two minutes of Ladd playing.



13 comments:

Kim and Zak said...

So cute (Ladd and the baby bedrooms!)! :) I can't believe Doug painted that map on Ladd's bedroom wall - I'm impressed! How did he get it so perfect? You all are great parents, and I'm excited for you to add another member to your family! :)

Arlene Racker said...

I love both rooms. You and Doug are amazing. I can't believe how great both rooms look and that map looks really good. You and Dou are almost as amazing as that grandson of mine. I can't believe all the words he can say now. I especially love the word grandma!! I miss him so much!!!!!
Love MOM Racker

Cameron and Wendy said...

The rooms look sooo cute! That is AMAZING that Doug painted the map...I definitely could not make one turn out like that! The videos of Ladd are also adorable!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Great job on the rooms, they are amazing! Good luck with nap times, that is tough! Ladd is sure talking a lot, what a cutie!

The Mortensens said...

SO CUTE! I love that little boy, he is the cutest! The bedrooms look amazing, good job guys! We need to hang out!

Brooke Woodall said...

Cute, Cute, CUTE! I love both rooms... the paint is so darling! You guys did a great job! And the videos of Ladd are so fun, I love his cute little voice.

Redd family said...

wow!! those rooms are amazing! i wish i owned my home so i could REALLY decorate, but it would never look that good, Matt hatess decorating.....way to go Doug!

Niki said...

Those rooms are so adorable! Doug...you are amazing I cannot believe that map! I can't wait to see your new little one, I am sure he will be just as stinkin cute as Ladd!

Cameron and Shannon said...

Wow, I am so impressed. The look awesome...right out of a magazine! Will you paint my house Doug? You both would be horrified with the job we did in our home. Miss you!

Heather said...

love the map in Ladd's room! soooo cute!

The Mortensen Family said...

Oh he is adorable! I love both rooms. Tyler is our creative one too, I'm horrible! Miss you!

Labrum Family said...

Ladd is such a good talker. I could understand him perfectly. You'd better watch the new baby for suffication by blankets and books. lol

Merianne said...

I LOVE Ladd's room. My husband would die if he saw that, he loves geography. We may have to fly your husband out to paint our son's room when he gets old enough.